February 19-25 is National Pancake Week, and who doesn’t like a big fluffy stack of steaming hot pancakes? And did you know that yogurt can make pancakes healthy and even more delicious too? Last month I came up with a whole wheat pancake recipe using Stonyfield Greek Yogurt. It was my first time using yogurt to make pancakes and they turned out great. This time, I wanted to add a topping that was not only good tasting but also good for you.
To celebrate National Pancake Week I changed up that recipe a bit using Stonyfield Strawberry Greek Yogurt and added a Stonyfield Plain Smooth and Creamy based topping for them.
I changed up my original Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Pancakes and used Stonyfield’s Strawberry Greek Yogurt instead of their Black Cherry. Equally as yummy! This time I made a yogurt based topping for my pancakes using Stonyfield Plain Smooth & Creamy Yogurt.
Stonyfield Yogurt, Maple Syrup, Vanilla Extract, and Cinnamon with organic fruit makes the best topping for pancakes I have ever tasted!
Finished product, light, fluffy, with a hint of fruit
I wish that you could smell these!
- 2- 6oz containers of Stonyfield Strawberry Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (or any flour of your choice*)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of Stonyfield organic milk (I used 2%)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Grease a pan or griddle with organic butter, olive oil, or grape seed oil
- Once the pan is warm, drop a tablespoon or two into the pan, depending on how thick you prefer your pancakes.
- Wait for the mixture to bubble at the top before flipping. Another minute or two and the pancake is ready.
- Serve with Yogurt Pancake Topping
- *Whole wheat flour always turns out thicker than white/all purpose. If you use a different flour you might need less or more milk. Use your best judgement!
- 1/4 cup of Stonyfield Plain Smooth & Creamy Yogurt
- 2 tsp of Organic Maple Syrup
- 1/8 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Fresh Fruit of your choice
- Combine the yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour on top of your pancakes
- Add fruit on top
- *For the cinnamon I did 3 shakes of the container
What is your favorite pancake topping?
This post was created in partnership with Stonyfield. All opinions are my own.