There is always room for one more… game that is, especially if it is a Disney one! Funko Games has just released The Haunted Mansion Call of the Spirits and it is a must have for any fan of the ride. It even comes with a miniature Hitchhiking Ghosts figurine. Looks like they were finally able to follow us home.
Thank you to Funko Games for sending us Call of the Spirits. All opinions about the game and how Haunted Mansion is one of the best attractions ever are our own. Affiliate links may be used below.
The Haunted Mansion Call of the Spirits
In this new game from Funko Games, Disney’s beloved The Haunted Mansion comes to
life death in this hauntingly fun family board game! Explore all the classic rooms of the ghost-infested manor, from the festivities-filled Ballroom to the Attic and out to the Graveyard and beyond in search of spirits. Beware, though, of the Hitchhiking Ghosts, who are notorious for following you home as that may spell your doom in the end!
Call of the Spirits Features:
- Rotating endless hallway changes player positions throughout the game
- Simple, push-your-luck, ghost-bidding system adds spine-tingling excitement
- The 99 unique ghost cards feature illustrations inspired by the original Haunted Mansion
- Classic bat-stanchion player movers intensify the spooky atmosphere of the game
- Provides hours of family fun for fans of the beloved Disneyland attraction!
- Recommended for ages 8+
Being big fans of the ride (and of Funko) I knew this was a need for our game collection. Everything about the pieces to this game scream Haunted Mansion. From the detailing of the cards to the way you look into each room of the mansion, it really is like being on the ride. All you need is a Ghost Host to read the rules and it's like you are living in the Haunted Mansion.
The haunting begins in the circular Séance Room, located in the center of the board. The room's hallways rotate, giving you a chance to explore other spook-filled rooms. After you are set up, begin the Event Phase of the game.
Draw an Event card, moving the Hitchhiking Ghosts accordingly. Then place a number of Ghost Cards that correspond with the amount of players. Those Ghosts though can be tricky so watch out! Now it is time for the Action Phase.
When it is your turn, your goal is to collect Ghost Cards and thereby earn points. Grim Grinning Ghosts are out to socialize, which is great because you want a lot of points. But beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts. Like I said they can be tricksters, and if you were unlucky enough to cross paths with them in the Event Phase you will also be playing with Haunt Cards. Haunt Cards will cost you points at the end of the game.
So better make nice with as many Happy Haunts as possible. The player with the most points at the end wins.
Haunted Mansion Mocktail
It wouldn't be a family game night in our house without some kind of themed treat. This time I decided to go with a Haunted Mansion inspired mocktail, or as my son calls it- a fancy drink.
There is always room for one more mocktail at a Halloween party! Try this Haunted Mansion inspired drinkt that is perfect for enjoying while playing Call of the Spirits by Funko games or just because!
- In a bowl large enough to fit the top of your glass, combine the cocktail sugars.
- Cut the lemon in half. Use the lemon to coat the rim of the glasses. This will help the cocktail sugars stay in place. (Water works too, but if using plastic glasses, lemon is best)
- Place the cup rim side down in the bowl of sugars and twist around until coated evenly.
- Using a measuring cup, pour 6 oz of Spite and 8 Oz of the Strawberry Lemonde. Adjust as neccessary if using smaller glasses.
- Place one drop of the purple food coloring into the glass.
- Stir gently using a spoon or straw.