I recently spent some time virtually hanging out with my friends from Dole and learned about all the new Wish inspired recipes and activities they have created to celebrate Disney Animation's Wish. From magic wishing wands to sticker books, there is a lot of fun waiting for the family at Dole.com!
We partnered with Dole for this post. All opinions are our own.
In the magical Kingdom of Rosas, wishes really do come true thanks to its leader, King Magnifco (Chris Pine). 17-year-old Asha (Ariana DeBose) dreams of becoming Magnifico's apprentice, a job that she thinks would mean bringing joy to her community. She quickly realizes that Magnifico isn't the benevolent ruler he pretends to be. One night she makes a plea to the stars for help to save the Kingdom. She never expected the stars to answer though. So when Star, an actual Wishing Star, falls from the sky, set on helping grant Asha's wish, she is more than a little surprised. Together with Asha's pet goat Valentino (Alan Tudyk), they work to bring an end to Magnifico's schemes.
Directed by Chris Buck and Fawn Veerasunthorn, Wish is a love letter to Disney Animation’s storied history that takes care to honor the films that started it all while also looking to the future. It captures the magic of Disney storytelling with catchy songs, a beautiful mix of hand-drawn and computer generated images, and a story full of wonder, humor, and heart. Keen-eyed fans will also delight in catching the various Disney easter eggs and nods found throughout the film from the obvious Hidden Mickey to the subtle. The characters are new yet familiar and the assembled cast brings them to life that makes them shine as bright as the wishing star. By returning to its roots and with the addition of this style of animation, Wish feels like it was made with the Disney Renaissance kids in mind. Those of us who grew up in the era of The Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast, Wish feels like a big warm hug from an old friend.
Disney Wish Inspired Recipes
It was hard to choose which Dole recipes we wanted to make, but after putting it to a vote, these are some of our favorites from Dole's collaboration with Wish.
Disney Wish Inspired Recipes from Dole
- 2 ripe, medium DOLE® Bananas
- 2 medium oranges
- 8 ounces lowfat Greek yogurt
- Dash of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- Peel bananas and cut into slices.
- Peel oranges and cut into chunks.
- Add to blender/food processor with yogurt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
Disney Wish inspired recipes from Dole!
- 1 medium DOLE® Banana
- 1 cup DOLE Tropical Gold® Pineapple
- 1 cup DOLE Raspberries
- 16 oz. lowfat Greek yogurt
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Add banana slices, pineapple chunks, raspberries, yogurt, and ice in blender/food processor.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
Disney Wish Inspired Recipes from Dole!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 very ripe DOLE® Bananas, peeled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup raw cane sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mash bananas with the back of a fork in a large bowl; whisk in eggs and ¾ cup peanut butter.
- Whisk in flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda; fold in cocoa nibs.
- Spread banana mixture in prepared dish; drop dollops of remaining ¼ cup peanut butter over banana mixture with a small spoon and swirl peanut butter into banana mixture with a toothpick to create marbled effect.
- Bake banana mixture 30 minutes or until set; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut brownie into 12 rectangles.
Find more recipes and Wish activities when you visit Dole.com!