*Affiliate links may be used below
DIY Descendants Carlos De Vil Costume
Carlos has been my son’s favorite character since the beginning of the Descendants franchise. He related to him for his epic dance moves, love of singing, and joy of hanging with his favorite dog. They even kind of look alike with the crazy hair.
When we were talking Halloween costumes, Descendants 3 had just come out so naturally everything in my house was about that. Want to hear a song? Good to Be Bad. Movie Night? Duh Mommy. Can we please switch the cds in the car? Yes put in Descendants 2. Go ahead ask me a lyric or anything about the movies, I know it all.
Naturally both kids wanted to rock Halloween with some wickedly cool Descendants costumes. Easy enough for the girls, you can find Mal, Uma, Audrey, and Evie at ShopDisney.com. The boys though? Nothing. They have one costume shirt for Carlos but that was it. So my son appealed to my crafty side and threw in how amazing I am at everything.
Fine kid. I’ll make you a costume. How could I say no to that face. I did my research, gathered my supplies, and went to work. The end result was one excited boy who is telling everyone we see how awesome his Mommy is for making him a Carlos costume.
By the way, this pose was all him. He saw a picture of Cameron Boyce, as Carlos, online and told me he had wanted to stand like that. He calls it his Chillin’ Like A Villain look. I know I’m biased but darn he looks so stinking cute here.
The back of the shirt took a little more effort than the taping off of the pants. I sketched out the bone design seen on Carlos in Descendants 3. It’s slightly off center in the film which required me to ignore my perfectionist side and place it where we see it on Carlos. And yeah I’m telling you this so that no one can say I didn’t put this in the center.
I recommend buying 2 of the black fabric spray paints because this is the color you are using the most. Follow instructions for use on all spray paints. Try to spray all paints in a well ventiliated area.
I recommend buying 2 of the black fabric spray paints because this is the color you are using the most.
Follow instructions for use on all spray paints. Try to spray all paints in a well ventiliated area.
For more Disney Descendants Ideas:
This post is in partnership with Marvel Studios. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links below.
What is a Hala Star?
The Hala Star is a symbol found on Kree uniforms such as Captain Marvel’s suit. It is also found on some Kree starships. When Carol is a Kree officer her uniform is green and silver. Once she transforms into Captain Marvel, she adopts the colors of the Air Force, leaving the Hala Star design intact.
Why Did Captain Marvel keep the Hala Star?
Carol learns the Kree were messing with her memories and were the bad guys all along. So why did she choose to keep the star on her uniform? Since the Hala Star is prevalent on all things Kree, it was also a symbol used by her mentor Mar-Vell, whom she gets her powers from. This would be the reason Carol keeps the Hala Star after breaking from the Kree.
Captain Marvel Blu-ray and Digital Bonus Features
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Alternate Movie Versions
- Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
- Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
- The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
- The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
- The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
- Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
- Deleted Scenes
- “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” – Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
- Starforce Recruits – Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree’s mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.
- Heading to Torfa – Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
- “What, No Smile?” – In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
- Black Box – Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
- Rookie Mistake – Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
- Gag Reel – The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.
- Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.
- What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack” – What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
- Concept Art – Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
- On-Set Images – Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
Captain Marvel Hala Star Necklace
Both my daughter and I were looking for a craft idea that we could do together and would be something we would be wear. The Captain Marvel Hala Star necklace was the answer. It had the bling that we both love and it was easy enough for us to make together.
Like I said, these are easy to make and ideal for both children and adults. I like the idea of a Mom & Me craft don’t you? You only need a few material and the Hala Star template which I included below. You could cut the circles out, but I found it to be a million times easier to use a hole punch!
The Captain Marvel Hala Star Necklace is the perfect compliment for your Captain Marvel Costume, dress, t-shirt, and even Flerken. If you don’t have a pet Flerken I recommend you get one. They are fluffy and eat bad guys. What’s more to love?
We even had a little help from one of our Flerken, Bucky. Yes he is named after Bucky Barnes, we are that Marvel family. He approved of it, maybe only as a toy but I’m going to say he gave the necklace a green light.
1. Print out the Captain Marvel Hala Star Printable 2. Using the hole punch, punch out as many Hala Stars as needed. 3. Place the Hala Star inside the Pendant Trays. 4. Cover with the Bottle Cap Stickers. 5. Measure and cut the chain to your desired length. 6. Thread the Hala Star Pendant and the 8 Point Gold Star Charm onto the chain. 7. Attach clasps. Get ready to go Higher, Further, Faster just like our hero Captain Marvel
1. Print out the Captain Marvel Hala Star Printable
2. Using the hole punch, punch out as many Hala Stars as needed.
3. Place the Hala Star inside the Pendant Trays.
4. Cover with the Bottle Cap Stickers.
5. Measure and cut the chain to your desired length.
6. Thread the Hala Star Pendant and the 8 Point Gold Star Charm onto the chain.
7. Attach clasps.
Get ready to go Higher, Further, Faster just like our hero Captain Marvel
Where To Buy Captain Marvel
You can buy Captain Marvel on Digital through Movies Anywhere, iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon. Or purchase your Blu-ray or 4K copy on June 11 2019 at Amazon, Target, Best Buy, or wherever movies are sold.
Who is Captain Marvel?
Are you new to the Marvel family? Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel is a powerful superhero who received her powers during an explosion. Her body absorbed the energy of the Tesseract, allowing her to fly, shoot photo beams from her hands, and kick butt all around.
She is an awesome character not only in the MCU but also in the comic books. I recommend these comics to read before Captain Marvel if you want a more in-depth look at what makes Carol so great.
Why Captain Marvel Is Awesome
Both the character and the film show why Captain Marvel is awesome. She is a good friend and person. Someone, like Captain America, who wants to do the right thing even if it costs her everything. Carol is willing to do what it takes to save lives and right wrongs.
The film itself, really struck a cord with me. It is empowering to young girls and women alike. It encourages everyone to strive for their best. Reminding us that no one gets to tell you who to be or what you are capable of.
Captain Marvel Craft | DIY Dog Tags
One of the things my kids really wanted that we could not find in the store, were Captain Marvel Dog Tags. What’s a mom to do then? Make them herself.
Like I said, these are easy to make and customize with whatever your children would like them to say. You only need a few material and the sticker template which I included below. Use whatever PDF editing program is installed on your computer to add names to the dog tags.
I even made some for myself because who said kids get to have all the fun? My daughter wanted to make some Captain Marvel Dog Tags for her Goose The Cat too. You can’t say no to a flerken!
1. Download the free sticker template and customize the name. 2. Print stickers using the Sticker Project Printer Paper. 3. Cut out the stickers, along the outer edge of the design, and remove the backing from them. 4. Then place the Higher, Further, Faster sticker on one dog tag and the customized name on the other. 5. Gently coat with clear nail polish to protect the stickers from splashes of water. Be careful not oversaturate the sticker. Feel free to add another coat after the first has dried. 6. Measure out the desired length for the Silver Ball Chain, carefully cutting the metal. Attach the clasp (included with the chain) to one side. 7. Thread the chain through the hole in the dog tags and secure other side of the clasp. 8. Get ready to go Higher, Further, Faster just like our hero Captain Marvel!
1. Download the free sticker template and customize the name.
2. Print stickers using the Sticker Project Printer Paper.
3. Cut out the stickers, along the outer edge of the design, and remove the backing from them.
4. Then place the Higher, Further, Faster sticker on one dog tag and the customized name on the other.
5. Gently coat with clear nail polish to protect the stickers from splashes of water. Be careful not oversaturate the sticker. Feel free to add another coat after the first has dried.
6. Measure out the desired length for the Silver Ball Chain, carefully cutting the metal. Attach the clasp (included with the chain) to one side.
7. Thread the chain through the hole in the dog tags and secure other side of the clasp.
8. Get ready to go Higher, Further, Faster just like our hero Captain Marvel!
But first, I wanted to share a little more from my interview with legendary Disney Animator Mark Henn.
Before we discussed all things The Little Mermaid, Mark walked us through how to draw Vanellope von Schweetz. Being from the kingdom of Candy Rush, Vanellope is based on a popsicle shape with two sticks. Doesn’t seem so hard right?
Mark naturally finished his with zero mistakes, while I have never wished for the ability to erase more!
I don’t think I did too badly for the time allotted. And Mark complimented my drawing so I’ll take it. I’ve never been the best with people anyways, I was always the one drawing all the animals. You should see my Cheshire Cat.
Mark Henn was the Lead 2D Animator for Ralph Breaks The Internet. He did some animation for the film in the Oh My Disney sequence. He worked with the animation team, bringing all his years of experience to the table, helping the CG animation team become better animators. Mark oversaw the transition of the 2D princesses into the CG world we find them in in the film.
Fun Fact: Mark was the animator behind the creation of 6 of the 15 Princesses in this picture.
This movie is Mark’s 4thgo around where he fills the roll of mentor and resource for the other animators. He started on the original Frozen, then Big Hero 6, and Maui’s tattoos in Moana. All those tattoos were hand animated then were mapped and placed on the CG body of Maui. I knew I liked this sequence for a reason. Hand drawn animation is my favorite. His next project is Frozen 2.
Being one of the main creative forces behind the Disney Princesses, what did you think when you first saw Pamela Ribon’s scene?
I thought it was great. It’s bold. We are not making fun of them [The Princesses] we are celebrating them. We are putting them in a situation that does break a few rules. I loved it.
We had all the original voice talent [for the Princesses]. When they finished recording, I would take them to meet with the animation department. They got to talk about their characters and for the animation team, it was really eye opening to hear how much these characters meant to the voice talent.
You know I love my Easter Egg posts! Mark gave us a hint about who to look for in the Oh My Disney Sequence.
The little Easter Egg I did for this film was a character I had never animated before. I’ll give you one hint. Mickey. (Laughs)
Free Ralph Breaks The Internet Valentine Printable
Got some Heroes or Dynamite Gals (or Guys) on your Valentine’s Day list this year? Or are you a last minute mom like me and need a quick and cute Valentine idea? Either way, I’ve got you friend.
All you need to do is download your Free Ralph Breaks The Internet Valentine Printable, buy candy, punch a hole, and grab some string. Oh yeah! You just won Valentine’s Day like Vanellope wins her races.
Ralph Breaks The Internet is available on Digital HD today! Or he can wreck it on Blu-ray and 4K February 26th!
Pin for later
Minnie Mouse Bow Be Mine DIY Minnie Ears
This post is in partnership with Disney. All opinions are my own.
- Black Headband 1 inch wide
- Black Felt
- Thick Foam Sheet *Note if using thin foam sheets you will need to double up the circles on each ear
- Minnie Mouse Ears Template
- White Pencil
- Glue Gun and Glue
- Pink Ribbon – 2 Different Sizes (1.5 inch and 1/8th inch)
- Foam Star Stickers
Step 1. Using the Ear Template and White Pencil, trace 2 ear outlines on the felt and 2 smaller circles on the foam. If you bought thinner foam, trace 4.
Step 2. Cut out the felt and foam ear pieces.
Step 3. Assemble Your Ears. Using the glue gun, apply a generous amount of glue to one side of the foam circle and stick it in the center of one side of the felt ears. Press down to avoid lumps in the glue. Once cooled, apply more glue to the top of the foam circle and fold over the felt to cover. Again press down to avoid glue lumps. Repeat this for the second ear.
After they have cooled a bit, add glue around the inside of the ears to seal them. Press together.
**Make sure to leave the rectangle part of the felt open. You will be glueing that later.**
Step 4. Insert the headband through the opening left by the rectangles, sliding the ears into your desired position. I kept mine 2 inches apart, after studying all my various Disney Parks Minnie Ears!
Once you have them in position, apply glue inside the opening and pinch down to secure them to the headband.
Step 5. You can’t have Minnie Mouse ears without an adorable bow. In Bow Be Mine, Minnie is rocking a pink bow with stars. I tried to match my pink ribbon as closely to her’s as possible and opted for one with a little shine. What can I say? I love glitter!
To create the bow cut a 12 inch strip of the thicker ribbon. Then, cut an approx. 8 inch strip of the thinner one. Take the thicker ribbon and fold the 2 ends back until they overlap in the center. Pinch the 3 layers together.
Using the thinner ribbon, wrap it around the pinched area and cut. Carefully seal using the glue. Attach the bow to the headband with the thin ribbon. Cut and seal with glue. Add a spot of glue to the back of each bow to secure it to the ears.
Step 6. Time To Shine. Add your foam star stickers to the bow and you’re ready to take the stage and sing your heart out! I also used one of the extra glittery stickers to pat onto the felt to give the ears some sparkle as well.
Disney Junior’s Bow Be Mine Available Now!
Everyone’s favorite Happy Helpers and BFF’s, Minnie and Daisy, are now available to bring home on DVD. Bow Be Mine features 12 Happy Helpers adventures from judging a surfing contest in Hawaii, solving a doozy of a mystery, to photographing a rare rainforest bird and so much more! Included is Minnie’s rock-n-roll performance at Hot Dog Hills Stadium!
Bow Be Mine Features 12 Happy Helpers Episodes:
Super-Charged: Pop Star Helpers
Meet the Beagles!
Daisy’s Photo Finish!
The Hot Diggity Dog Show
The Hiking Honeybees
Teed Off (Season 1)
Grandpa vs. Grandpa
Cuckoo in Paris
Tree House Trouble
My Fair Pete
A Doozy Night of Mystery
Plus 2 Bonus Music Videos!