Learn about Paving the Path with Monkeys for this project!
It is one of every parent’s nightmares. Waking up in the middle of the night to your child, sick with vomiting and high fever. Nothing is helping and your child gets worse by the minute. You jump in the car and rush to the hospital. The doctor’s take over and you know your baby is going to be ok. You can finally catch your breathe.
Unfortunately, many rural Appalachian parents don’t have that same security. These are parents who struggle to keep food on the table. Basic healthcare can fall low on their radar as they try to find work, food, and transportation. Emergency healthcare is more of a dream than a reality.
We Need You to Help Keep Appalachian Children Healthy!
Monkey Do Project is blessed to be a part of the Adams County, Ohio, Children’s Health Fair in August 2013. Adams County Children Services, Adams County Health Department, Adams County Job and Family Services, Adams County Medical Foundation, Inc., Adams County Regional Medical Center, Manchester Local Schools and Adams County Ohio Valley Schools join together each year to offer four Kid’s Health Fairs (KHF), one at each county high school. The health fairs are for Adams County, Ohio kids in the school age range of 3-18. Since many Appalachian parents do not have the resources for basic healthcare, this fair provides physicals for kids where they measure and record milestones and perform actual checkups ensuring the kids a healthy start to the school year.
What Monkey Do Project Needs from You:
Most of these organizations have had their funding cut, which means they will not be able to serve as many kids this year unless they have help from organizations like ours.
We have pledged 2,000 books bags, with a book in each bag, for the kids, but we currently cannot meet this need without your help.
- Corporate sponsors to partner with us for the book bags and books (pictures books and chapter books). Corporate sponsors will be listed on our website as well as on any marketing materials we do for the event. Also, our blogger ambassadors will do posts on the sponsors and link to their sites.
- Corporate sponsors to partner with us to provide healthy snacks and small bottled waters to include in the bags. Unfortunately, many of these kids have little to nothing to eat when they are out of school.
- Personal donations in any amount for this project. (Please put “Adams Co Health Fair” in the notes when donating.)
- $20 gift cards (Visa or Mastercard) to use as giveaways to the kids for school supplies.
- If you are interested in being a corporate sponsor, please contact us.
*Photo/name changed to preserve privacy of the children and families.