This post is sponsored by Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own.
It is no secret around here that I am a Disney girl. There is something beautiful and timeless about the movies, characters, and music. I think my appreciation for different types of music started with Disney. Walt and the other people behind my favorites really made the music stand out as a character of its own. My love of all things Disney and appreciate for music are just 2 of the reasons I love this album and I think you will too.
A must have for any Disney fan is the magical music of Jazz Loves Disney.
The music of Disney is not just something I enjoyed. Disney music spans generations. My grandmother would hum the Mickey Mouse Club theme to me, and we would sing A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes while dancing all throughout her house. And now, I get to pass on that love to my children as we dance and sing to songs like Try Everything and I've Got a Dream! No matter how old or young you are, Disney is for everyone. And really, they have a song for every situation in life.
It is really hard to choose a favorite song from this album, they are all unique and amazing in their own ways. But if you twisted my arm, I guess I would have to go with “Everybody Wants To Be a Cat” sung by Jamie Cullum from The Aristocats and “He's a Tramp” sung by Melody Bardot from Lady and the Tramp.
Everybody Wants to Be a Cat was something I would sing over and over as a little girl. Cats have always been my favorite animal, so naturally I agreed, everybody wants to be cat! After all, the cats the only cat, who knows how to swing. I like how Melody Bardot sings He's a Tramp on this album. She reminds me of Peg, the tough girl dog who originally taught us all about The Tramp. Her voice is perfect for this song.
Each artist on the album has their own special connection with Disney. I chose two of my favorite quotes to share.
“Disney represents my childhood and the way I grew up listening and watching the movies & I used to sing the songs being a kid, I loved it so much. It brings back some really good memories for me so it’s really cool to be part of this project and relive those moments
The Disney movie which affected me the most probably was the Aristocats, that movie was the first time I heard Jazz as a little kid, and I just remember loving the music so much, it was not the most popular movie when I was young but still my favorite one.
“Someday My Prince Will Come” comes from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, I love that movie so much, all the different personalities…” – Nikki Yanofsky
“To me Disney represents music. I find music even more beautiful than images. Disney was a genius to create this world of movements with our childhood fairytales.
I sing “Once Upon A Dream” from Sleeping Beauty, in this song I sing to little Laika as I didn’t have access to this world of fairytale as a child” -Laika
Jazz Loves Disney Track Listing:
1. Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -“Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
What is your favorite Disney song? Or songs? Seriously It is hard to pick just one!