Now available to own on Digital HD and coming to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD November 30, is the action-packed, funny, and unique MCU origin story, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. Read on to learn more about the Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings bonus features.
Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings
Shang-Chi begins by telling the story The Ten Rings. First that name simply referred to the bands themselves but later represented the infamous criminal organization led by Wenwu (Tony Leung). Wenwu is not only the wearer of the rings but he is also Shang-Chi's (Simu Liu) father. In the post-Snap present day, Shang-Chi is an adult, having spent over 10 years of his life in America outside of his father's influence. But an attack in San Francisco leads Shang-Chi and his best friend Katy on an adventure to stop his father. To do that he must reunite with his sister, confront his past, and step into his future.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is easily one of the best MCU origin stories since Phase 1. It not only introduces a new superhero to the ranks but it also reveals a world and culture full of its own mythology and wonder. It draws inspiration from not only the comic lore but also past legendary martial arts films and Chinese mythology. The way director Destin Daniel Cretton approached this storytelling has created a superhero film that feels wholly unique in the pantheon of the MCU.
Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Bonus Features
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- Deleted Scenes
- They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
- Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor's escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu's philosophy.
- Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
- Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.