Available now on Digital and coming to 4K, Blu-ray, and DVD March 12 is the film full of magic, wonder, humor, and heart –Wish. Read on to see what exciting bonus features are available when you bring home this love letter to Disney Animation including a sing-along option, the heartfelt short Once Upon a Studio, deleted scenes and more!
Disney Animation Wish
In the magical Kingdom of Rosas, wishes really do come true thanks to its leader, King Magnifco (Chris Pine). 17-year-old Asha (Ariana DeBose) dreams of becoming Magnifico's apprentice, a job that she thinks would mean bringing joy to her community. She quickly realizes that Magnifico isn't the benevolent ruler he pretends to be. One night she makes a plea to the stars for help to save the Kingdom. She never expected the stars to answer though. So when Star, an actual Wishing Star, falls from the sky, set on helping grant Asha's wish, she is more than a little surprised. Together with Asha's pet goat Valentino (Alan Tudyk), they work to bring an end to Magnifico's schemes.
Directed by Chris Buck and Fawn Veerasunthorn, Wish is a love letter to Disney Animation’s storied history that takes care to honor the films that started it all while also looking to the future. It captures the magic of Disney storytelling with catchy songs, a beautiful mix of hand-drawn and computer generated images, and a story full of wonder, humor, and heart. Keen-eyed fans will also delight in catching the various Disney easter eggs and nods found throughout the film from the obvious Hidden Mickey to the subtle. The characters are new yet familiar and the assembled cast brings them to life that makes them shine as bright as the wishing star. By returning to its roots and with the addition of this style of animation, Wish feels like it was made with the Disney Renaissance kids in mind. Those of us who grew up in the era of The Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast, Wish feels like a big warm hug from an old friend.
Disney's Wish Bonus Features
- Sing Along With The Movie – Sing along with your favorite songs while watching the movie with on-screen lyrics.
- Featurette: Once Upon A Studio – Beloved characters from Disney Animation’s 100 years come together for an unforgettable reunion.
- 100 Years In The Making – The Inside story on the making of WISH
- What Makes Disney, Disney – Learn what makes a Disney film and its characters so distinct, memorable and beloved. Discover how Asha and WISH are quintessentially Disney — from the extraordinary challenges Asha must overcome, to the magical, Kingdom of Rosas.
- The Wish Equation – What is a wish? Join the filmmakers for a surprising conversation as they break down the “Wish Equation,” discuss the “rules of magic,” and describe the role music plays in Disney films. Then hear Julia Michaels' own original demo of “This Wish.”
- Looking Backward To Go Forward – Walk the aisles of the Walt Disney Animation Research Library as the filmmakers “draw” inspiration from 100 years of animation. Learn about the “Pinocchio test,” and how WISH's design blends new technology with classic techniques.
- Where Dreams And Reality Collide – Discover the times and places that were the inspiration for Rosas and helped build the world of this original fairy tale.
- Asha Means Wish – Learn all about Asha, from her inspired design to her boundless determination and generosity. Uncover the subtle symbolism in her jewelry, and dive into her dancing skills. See how she’s imperfectly perfect and what makes her a memorable Disney hero.
- The Return Of The Disney Villain – You'll love to hate King Magnifico when you uncover his secrets. Find out what makes him the classic Disney villain — and why he doesn't wear a crown.
- Star Is Born – Uncover early concept drawings to see how Star evolved into Asha's lovable wish facilitator. Learn about Star's sparkles, and why Star can communicate with Asha and the other characters.
- Those Who Stand Beside Me – Learn more about Asha's closest allies, Dahlia and Valentino. Find out which of Snow White's seven companions served as inspiration for Dahlia, and how Valentino breaks one of the rules of Disney animals.
- When Wishes Come True – Get to know the kids inside the filmmakers as the creators of WISH reflect on what Disney movies meant to them growing up, and what it's like being part of the Disney legacy today.
- WISH D-Classified – WISH is filled with references and nods to other Disney films from the studio's 100-year legacy. From hidden Mickeys to more subtle tributes, you may have caught many of them, but check out this “D-Classified” piece for ones you may have missed.
- Outtakes – Step inside the recording booth with the brilliant and talented actors of WISH for some creative fun as they bring their characters to life.
- Deleted Song “A Wish Worth Making” – Directors Chris Buck and Fawn Veerasunthorn introduce this poignant song sung by Saba Sabino (voiced by Victor Garber) expressing what it’s like to be reunited with your one true wish.
- Deleted Scenes – Check out some scenes that didn't make the Final Cut.
- Magnifico's Secret
- The Wishing Tree
- To Rosas
- Finding Flazino
- Valentino Is A Star
- Song Selection – Jump to your favorite musical moments, with on-screen lyrics.
- At All Costs
- This Wish
- I’m A Star
- This Is The Thanks I Get?!
- Knowing What I Know Now
- This Wish (Reprise)
*Bonus features may vary by retailer and format