Summer is in full swing at my house. The days are long, hot, and we are trying to have as much as possible, despite seeing school supplies creeping back into the stores! I try to make Summer an accident free time of year. No time of year is ideal for injuries but I think we can agree that Summer is pretty bad. I'm sharing my Summer vacation tips to be ready for anything!
- Stay Hydrated. No brainer I know. I like to make sure we have water with us at all times. You never know when you might get stuck somewhere longer than expected and suddenly everyone is thirsty and you can either drink tap water or pay $5 for a bottle. No thanks I'll bring my own.
- Travel Safety Kit. I keep stats of bandages, antiseptic, and gauze in the car just in case those daredevil moves on the playground turn bloody.
- Mineral Based Sunscreen & Organic/Natural Bug Spray. No-one wants a bug bite or a sunburn. Keep aloe handy just in case!
- Helmets for Bikes, Scooters, Skateboards, etc. And padding, seriously do not even try to ride by me without a helmet!
- Sneakers for the playground. I love flip flops and so do my kids however they are not ideal for the playground or anytime you are running around. No support at all, so lace up those sneakers.
My Princess loves dance, but in the Summer she takes a break from ballet and focuses on gymnastics. She also spends all her free time in the pool or running around with her brother.
Broken Ankle. Those are not words you want to hear ever, especially at the start of Summer. After a trip to the orthopedist, we wound up with this contraption that swallowed her foot but at least allowed her to walk. Although she couldn't jump in the pool at least with this boot on we could still get out and about and have some fun.
Despite my preparedness for Summer something can always happen. Fortunately for you and I, Aflac is there to help save Summer.
Did you know according to the Centers for Disease Control, more than 2.6 million children 0-19 years old are treated in the emergency department each year for sports and recreation-related injuries? Also, each year, 2.6 million children visit emergency rooms for sports-related injuries! According to Bankrate.com, a recent study shows that if someone encounters a significant, unexpected expense, such as an emergency room visit, only 38 percent of respondents indicated they could cover it with cash they have on hand in a savings account or checking account.
Accidents are more common than we think, but if we prepare ourselves with supplemental insurance like Aflac’s accident policy to help cover out-of-pocket expenses, we won't have to feel burdened by the costs of an injury.
For six decades, Aflac insurance policies have given policyholders the opportunity to focus on recovery, not financial stress. In 2015, Fortune magazine included Aflac on its list of Most Admired Companies for the 14th time, ranking the company No. 1 in innovation for the insurance, life and health category. Through its trailblazing One Day PaySM initiative, Aflac U.S. can receive process, approve and disburse payment for eligible claims in one business day.
To learn more about Aflac and how they can help your family stay sage this Summer visit HERE.
Would you add any tips to my list? Are you ready if something unexpected happens this summer?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.