Captain Marvel is now available to own on Digital and coming soon to Blu-ray and 4K. To celebrate I shared earlier this week Captain Marvel Dog Tags. Today we are going higher, further, faster with this Hala Star Necklace, inspired by Carol's uniform. This Captain Marvel craft is easy to make and ideal for young and old fans of Danvers.
This post is in partnership with Marvel Studios. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links below.
What is a Hala Star?
The Hala Star is a symbol found on Kree uniforms such as Captain Marvel's suit. It is also found on some Kree starships. When Carol is a Kree officer her uniform is green and silver. Once she transforms into Captain Marvel, she adopts the colors of the Air Force, leaving the Hala Star design intact.
Why Did Captain Marvel keep the Hala Star?
Carol learns the Kree were messing with her memories and were the bad guys all along. So why did she choose to keep the star on her uniform? Since the Hala Star is prevalent on all things Kree, it was also a symbol used by her mentor Mar-Vell, whom she gets her powers from. This would be the reason Carol keeps the Hala Star after breaking from the Kree.
Captain Marvel Blu-ray and Digital Bonus Features
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Alternate Movie Versions
- Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson's journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
- Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel's entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
- The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury's eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
- The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
- The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
- Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
- Deleted Scenes
- “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” – Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
- Starforce Recruits – Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree's mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.
- Heading to Torfa – Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
- “What, No Smile?” – In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
- Black Box – Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
- Rookie Mistake – Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
- Gag Reel – The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.
- Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers' visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.
- What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack” – What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
- Concept Art – Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
- On-Set Images – Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
Captain Marvel Hala Star Necklace
Both my daughter and I were looking for a craft idea that we could do together and would be something we would be wear. The Captain Marvel Hala Star necklace was the answer. It had the bling that we both love and it was easy enough for us to make together.
Like I said, these are easy to make and ideal for both children and adults. I like the idea of a Mom & Me craft don't you? You only need a few material and the Hala Star template which I included below. You could cut the circles out, but I found it to be a million times easier to use a hole punch!
The Captain Marvel Hala Star Necklace is the perfect compliment for your Captain Marvel Costume, dress, t-shirt, and even Flerken. If you don't have a pet Flerken I recommend you get one. They are fluffy and eat bad guys. What's more to love?
We even had a little help from one of our Flerken, Bucky. Yes he is named after Bucky Barnes, we are that Marvel family. He approved of it, maybe only as a toy but I'm going to say he gave the necklace a green light.
Create your own Hala Star Necklace inspired by the Marvel Studios film Captain Marvel. 1. Print out the Captain Marvel Hala Star Printable 2. Using the hole punch, punch out as many Hala Stars as needed. 3. Place the Hala Star inside the Pendant Trays. 4. Cover with the Bottle Cap Stickers. 5. Measure and cut the chain to your desired length. 6. Thread the Hala Star Pendant and the 8 Point Gold Star Charm onto the chain. 7. Attach clasps. Get ready to go Higher, Further, Faster just like our hero Captain Marvel
Create your own Hala Star Necklace inspired by the Marvel Studios film Captain Marvel.
1. Print out the Captain Marvel Hala Star Printable
2. Using the hole punch, punch out as many Hala Stars as needed.
3. Place the Hala Star inside the Pendant Trays.
4. Cover with the Bottle Cap Stickers.
5. Measure and cut the chain to your desired length.
6. Thread the Hala Star Pendant and the 8 Point Gold Star Charm onto the chain.
7. Attach clasps.
Get ready to go Higher, Further, Faster just like our hero Captain Marvel
Where To Buy Captain Marvel
You can buy Captain Marvel on Digital through Movies Anywhere, iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon. Or purchase your Blu-ray or 4K copy on June 11 2019 at Amazon, Target, Best Buy, or wherever movies are sold.