Now available on Digital, Blu-ray, 4K, and DVD is the epic space adventure that Andy saw as a kid– Lightyear. Just like Andy you are going to want to bring this one home especially after seeing what Lightyear bonus features await, including deleted scenes, special featurettes, and more!
*Affiliate links used below
In 1995 Andy asked for a toy from his favorite movie, Lightyear. Lightyear follows the legendary Space Ranger Buzz Lightyear (Chris Evans) as he attempts to escape the planet he and his crew have been stuck on for years. Trial after trial prevents Buzz from finishing the mission, but thanks to his friend Sox the Cat (Peter Sohn) and a group of aspiring Space Rangers (Keke Palmer, Taika Waititi, and Dale Soules) he feels determined more now than ever to finally take everyone home. But when a robot army led by Emperor Zurg (James Brolin) shows up and causes even more problems, Buzz has to make a choice between the world he knows and an unknown future.
As it tells it in the beginning, this is the movie Andy watched that inspired him to ask for a Buzz Lightyear toy. After seeing Lightyear, viewers will understand why. Lightyear is Pixar at its best, a perfect blend of action, humor, and heartwarming moments topped with incredible visuals. Not only that, but Chris Evans once again steps into the boots of a man out of time and delivers a stellar performance.
Lightyear Bonus Features
- Deleted Scenes Introduction – Director Angus MacLane introduces six scenes that are all drawn, set to music, timed and voiced, but are not included in the final version of this amazing film – which took five and a half years to make!
- The Dump – In one of LIGHTYEAR’s original opening scenes, we explore Proxima B, with its carnivorous plants, sulfur pits, weird bugs, hot climate, and lack of coffee! A familiar Space Ranger volunteers to risk all in an effort to return to Earth.
- Polly – Buzz relives childhood memories when he visits an aeronautic museum in which his father is memorialized. There, he finds Polly, his dad’s robot companion bird, who possesses a very revealing recorded message meant for Buzz!
- Meet Izzy – After young Izzy and her family (including her brother Maurice) move in next door to Buzz, the adorable, talkative girl bursts into Buzz’s home, warms up to Sox, and asks Buzz a lot of questions.
- Up in the Lair – After his spacecraft crash-lands and he winds up in the bunker of fledgling Space Rangers, Buzz is introduced to cheesy snacks and a character whose role was cut due to time. He also receives shocking information about his father.
- Tilted Ship – Star Command Space Rangers of the 56th Airborne Alpha Quadrant meet Buzz and the Space Ranger students. Buzz is given a truth serum so he’ll expose whatever he knows about his father’s connection to the aliens who have taken over Proxima B.
- Fathership – Buzz wakes up in what he thinks is his childhood home, where he meets his father, who was a time travel pilot, just as he is. But it turns out he’s on the mothership of the aliens who are destroying Proxima B – and hope to vanquish Buzz as well!
- Building the World of Lightyear – Visits to the Johnson Space Center in Houston and a very familiar cinematic archive gave the filmmakers inspiration as they embarked on the exciting journey of creating Lightyear’s breathtaking production design.
- The Zap Patrol – Meet the actors who gave voice to Izzy, Mo and Darby, the untrained, unprepared rangers who join Buzz on the adventure of a lifetime. While the misfits may not seem ideal for the mission, their unlikely friendship helps see them through challenging times.
- Toyetic – Learn why Lightyear is one of the most “toyetic” films ever. Join director Angus MacLane and others on the meticulous, fun process of creating toy models for spaceships and other production elements that led to the film’s richly textured animation.
- Lightyear Filmmaker Commentary – Join director Angus MacLane, writer Jason Headley, and director of photography Jeremy Lasky as they provide insight into the making of this remarkable animated feature while you watch it.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer